(Bi-lingual) Supportive Services Case Manager/Social Worker
Meals on Wheels Central Texas is hiring a Bi-Lingual Case Manager for our Supportive Services Team.
For the Supportive Services, the case manager makes appropriate referrals to both in-house and community resources and develops care plans based on the client's current situation and unmet needs. This position acts as an advocate for clients. The ideal candidate will possess the ability to work with a diverse clientele who have ongoing social service needs and skillfully assess and document clients’ needs and support network. Payrate: $19.00 Position Status: Full time
DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Makes intake home visits to Meals on Wheels applicants to assess their functional status, support network and appropriateness for service. Makes referrals to other agencies as needed. Explains suggested voluntary contributions policy.
- Prepares application, assessment, narrative, financial information and all AAA documents. Enters information about new clients into Client Database.
- Makes timely yearly recertification visits to recipients to review eligibility for service and to update functional, financial, community support and medical information.
- Updates client information on Client Database.
- Turns in all client documentation to VP of Client Services for AAA processing.
- Handles telephone contacts with recipients, family and other agencies between home visits.
- Follows up in a timely manner on concerns by volunteers and staff regarding clients. Follows up with concerned referral source on any action taken.
- Maintains professional relationship with other organizations offering services for elderly and homebound people.
- Responsible for fulfilling back-up duties to drive when volunteers are not available and arranges for a substitute if going on vacation or out sick.
- Is aware of the importance of confidentiality and follows the Social Work Standards of Ethics when interacting with clients, staff and referral resources.
- During meal delivery hours, assists in handling questions and problems that arise concerning meal delivery.
- Maintains contact with recipients who are temporarily not receiving meals; ensures that meal service is resumed or permanently discontinued as appropriate.
- Remains informed of and in compliance with funding source guidelines as they apply to worker's decisions and cases.
- Responsible for ongoing professional education.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to work with a diverse clientele who have ongoing social service needs
- Ability to advocate on behalf of the client and be committed to finding solutions within the client’s comfort level
- Strive to maintain and improve her or his professional knowledge and skills
- Ability to base all services on an assessment and evaluation of a client based on the client’s progress and need for services
- Knowledgeable about local resources for the elderly and the disabled
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND WORK EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor's degree in Social Work or related field
· Reliable transportation for making home visits
· Experience with older people preferred
· Six months employment experience in social work preferred
Position Status: Full time
Benefits: 25 days PTO, plus company paid holidays
Medical, dental, and vision insurance:
- Eligibility: 1st of the month following 60 days of employment
- MOWCTX will pay 100% of employee-only medical premium
- Dental and vision insurance paid by employee
- Health savings account (HSA – tied to high deductible medical plan); MOWCTX contributes to HSA plan
- Voluntary flexible health and dependent care spending accounts
- Company paid life, accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D), short term disability (STD) and long-term disability (LTD) insurance
- 401k retirement plan: Eligibility: 1 year of employment and 1,000 hours of service
- Company contribution 4% of gross pay
- 100% vested upon 2 years
Hybrid work environment; family & pet friendly; amazing team! Come Join Us!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, veteran status, sex or age, or any other legally protected status.
Skills / Requirements
Bachelor's Degree in Social Work preferred or related field
2+ years of professional experience in a direct social services capacity with knowledge of case management best practices
Knowledgeable about local resources for individuals with disabilities and older adults
Fluency in Spanish / English (Required)
Pay: $19 to $19.25/hour
Commensurate plus generous benefits package
Job Status: Full Time