Congregate Substitute Site Coordinators (Now hiring)
COME JOIN OUR TEAM!
Meals on Wheels Central Texas is looking for our next rock-star Substitute Site Coordinator for our Congregate Senior Center program for our Central Texas areas. The below zip codes are our service areas for our senior center programs:
NW: 78645, 78660, 78753, 78724
NE: 78653, 78752, 78722, 78754, 78702
SW: 78735, 78704, 78748
SE: 78744, 78747, 78610, 78617, 78702
Our Site Coordinators are motivated to enrich our client’s lives and ensure they get to do activities and socialize with one another. We tailor the activities to our client’s likes and dislikes. We believe that activities are the key element to a healthy life. Our clients see the environment that we create as a second home. Caring about our clients and their happiness is a true investment.
- Planning and facilitating daily, weekly, and monthly events to encourage socialization, relaxation, and recreation.
- Greet seniors and prepare center for the lunchtime meal service.
- Complete administrative tasks
- Assisting participants with forms
- Completing other required paperwork accurately with timely submissions
- Complete a required Intake Form on every new eligible congregate participant and report this confidential data to the program office; assure form is accurate and complete.
- Demonstrate professionalism and work effectively and cordially with others at all times.
- May require proper use and knowledge of body mechanics and safety mechanics.
The Substitute Site Coordinator position is an on-call part time position.
Set schedule: Monday - Friday 9 am to 2 pm.
Pay rate: $15.00/hour.
Benefits: Birthday Time Off
Occasional meetings occur in-office at Meals on Wheels Central Texas, 3227 East 5th Street.
To find out more about the Congregate Meal Program, please visit https://www.mealsonwheelscentraltexas.org/programs/senior-centers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, veteran status, sex or age or any other legally protected status.
Skills / Requirements
High school graduate or GED
One year of office experience
Regular and dependable attendance
Experience with volunteers and elderly clients preferred
Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
Ability to work independently while exercising good judgement
Friendly, enthusiastic and committed to the goals of MOWCTX
No phone calls please
Pay: from $15/hour
Job Status: Part Time