Senior Accountant Part-time (20-25 hours)
Meals on Wheels Central Texas In-Home Care is hiring a PT Senior Accountant. The SA provides general oversight of the accounting and related financial activities of the IHC division of Meals on Wheels Central Texas. SA works to ensure timely and accurate financial activities of the agency to include accounting, reporting, budgeting, contracts, and grants tracking and allocation.
1. Ensure that accounting and financial functions are performed effectively to include; payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable and collections, general ledger, fixed asset, contracting, accounts receivable reconciliation, and risk management.
2. Responsible for timely completion of:
• General ledger entries
• Provides oversight and participates as needed in A/R reconciliation and collections for all programs
• Bank account reconciliations
• Credit card reconciliation
• Prepare month-end financial reports for the Board of Directors to include summary reports of financial position, trend and ratio analysis, which outlines the areas of income, expenses, and earnings based on past, present, and future operations (forecasting) including explanation and analysis of variances as requested.
3. Works collaboratively with Accounting Manager to streamline and improve processes. Reviews and updates accounting processes as needed.
4. Assist with activities related to the annual audit and corresponding tax return.
5. Coordinate and/or prepare the financial portion of grant reports, budgets, and billings to ensure compliance with requirements and policies of funding sources.
6. Prepare in collaboration with CFO and with input from ED the annual operating and capital budgets.
7. Review contracts for risk management and contract deliverable issues relating to insurance and other financial requirements; notify Management of any new/revised agency-issued contracts.
8. Attends internal and external meetings as needed; attending finance/ staff meetings and events.
9. Provide guidance on cash activities to maintain appropriate short-term cash levels.
10. Ensure protection of assets through proper internal controls.
- B.S. Degree in accounting and two years public accounting.
- Medicaid billing/insurance billing experience a plus.
- Significant experience in or knowledge of nonprofit accounting, including sophisticated fund and grant accounting, compliance and reporting.
- Comprehensive and advanced knowledge of accounting, internal controls, FASB and GAAP, OMB Circular A133 and nonprofit compliance.
- Working knowledge and use of automated accounting applications; SAGE, MIP, QB, or similar; proficient in Microsoft Office, including in depth use of Excel spreadsheets.
Skill and ability to: High level of problem-solving and analytical skill; ability to assess and implement opportunities for improvement in financial administration.
- Ability to work well independently and as a member of a team.
- Extremely detailed oriented.
- Demonstrates a high degree of accuracy.
- Able to communicate effectively (written and verbal) with staff, Board, funding sources, clients, and vendors.
Apply today at: https://jobs.mealsonwheelscentraltexas.org or stop by our office during business hours M-F at 3227 East 5th Street, Austin, 78702
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, veteran status, sex or age or any other legally protected status.
We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Job Status: Part Time