Navigation Case Manager (Now Hiring)
Meals on Wheels Central Texas is the leading face to face meal delivery company for seniors in Central Texas. We have celebrated our 50th anniversary and we are excited to expand our Supportive Case Management Team. Our mission is funded through our donations and volunteers that make up our family-oriented culture and we are excited to grow in an upward direction.
If you are ready for your next challenge in your career APPLY NOW!
The Navigation Case Manager provides support to Supportive Services Case Managers. Primary role is to be available and accessible to triage emails, phone calls, voicemails and urgent inquiries directed to Client Services. Duties include but are not limited to telephonic and email support during peak operational times, urgent item deliveries, wellness checks, and support partial or full assessments of clients as needed.
Set Schedule: In-office position M-F, full time, day shift.
- Life, Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability
- Generous PTO package
- 8 company observed holidays.
- Handles questions, concerns and problems that arise regarding meal delivery and other high risk client needs.
- Follows up in a timely manner on concerns by volunteers and staff regarding clients.
- Works collaboratively and cross departmentally with coworkers to ensure all required information is tracked in the database.
- Maintains professional relationship with internal and external organizations.
- Responsible for fulfilling back-up duties to drive when volunteers are not available and arranges for a substitute if going on vacation or out sick.
- Exercises a high level of confidentiality, professionalism and follows the Social Work Standards of Ethics when interacting with clients, staff and referral resources.
- Assists with vacant caseload, with recipients who are temporarily not receiving meals; ensures that meal service is resumed or permanently discontinued as appropriate.
- Assists with partial or full assessments as assigned.
- Remains informed of and in compliance with funding source guidelines as they apply to worker's decisions and cases.
- Participates in weekly staff meetings, scheduled supervision meetings and other required meetings and/or trainings.
- Responsible for ongoing professional education.
- If bilingual, assist with translation of documents and/or Spanish speaking call backs.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience, BA or BS in Social Work highly (preferred)
- Demonstrated experience in social services/case management (required)
- Able to travel locally to clients’ homes for assessment and visits is (required)
- Valid Texas Driver’s License and personal auto insurance (required)
- Salesforce experience (preferred)
- Fluency in Spanish highly (preferred)
- Demonstrated knowledge in the National Association of Social Work (NASW) standards and guidelines.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft, spreadsheets, database usage, and internet;
- Strong critical thinking skills that involve reasoning, organizing and analyzing information
- Flexible and effective written and verbal communication skills
- Requires high level of organization skills, attention to detail, planning, prioritizing, multitasking and meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Must exhibit high level of accountability, good decision-making skills and adaptability to unexpected circumstances
- Strong advocacy skills that help in connecting team members and clients to resources
- Advocates, promotes and practices cultural sensitivity and responsiveness in all day-to-day interactions.
- Ensures interactions with program participants are client-centered, solution-focused.
- Knowledge of mental illnesses, chronic conditions, community resources for those with disabilities and older adults and their caregivers
- Ability to work with a diverse clientele who have ongoing social service needs.
Must be able to pass a Background and reference check.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, our delivery operations have changed, and hours may be different temporarily.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, veteran status, sex or age or any other legally protected status.
Job Status: Full Time