Meals on Wheels Central Texas Volunteer Driver Position (unpaid)
Volunteer with us!!
Meals on Wheels Central Texas was founded by volunteers, is served by a volunteer Board of Directors, and is supported by volunteers like you who are committed to improving our community. We value the role volunteers continue to play in the growth and success of Meals on Wheels Central Texas.
- Arrive at the meal pick-up site on the assigned day between 11:00am - 11:45am.
- Deliver the correct number and type of hot meal and cold bag to each client on your route sheet using two insulated coolers: one for hot meals and one for cold bags.
- Report any inaccuracies on route sheet to Volunteer Services Department.
- Deliver all meals to the clients on the route assigned with a friendly attitude.
- A valid State Issued Driver’s License.
- Current vehicle liability insurance.
- Ability to read a map.
- Pass required confidential background checks.
- Cell phone to report if a client is not home and for emergency situations.
- GPS or Cell phone to follow the route.
To learn more about Meals on Wheels Central Texas please visit us at: Greater Austin Volunteer Opportunities with the Elderly and Adults with Disabilities | Meals on Wheels Central Texas
Job Status: Full Time