HR Interns - Fall Semester 2022
Meals on Wheels Central Texas (MOWCTX) is committed to nourishing and enriching the lives of the homebound and others in need through services that promote dignity and independent living. We are a diverse workforce of professionals dedicated to our mission.
The MOWCTX HR Department is seeking interns ready to further their human resources practice. Interns will work alongside MOWCTX professionals on projects supporting the organization and our dedicated staff.
Internships are open to current college students, recent graduates, or current/retired HR professionals. All we ask is that you have a desire to learn, contribute some (or a lot) of HR-related knowledge, and be mission-driven. Internships are remote, and you must have your own laptop or PC with the ability to connect virtually for meetings and access resources.
Intern projects may include but are not limited to:
- Job description revision and compensation/benefits benchmarking
- Development and automation of employee total rewards statement
- Compliance analysis of policies, procedures, and handbook following federal, state, and local regulations
- Development and analysis of an employee engagement survey
- Assist in the buildout of HRIS applications
- Development of HR metrics and dashboards
- Participate in organizational development planning
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, veteran status, sex or age, or any other legally protected status.
Skills / Requirements
High school graduate or GED
Friendly, enthusiastic, and committed to the MOWCTX mission
Enrolled in an accredited college program to receive credit if applicable
Prior HR knowledge is required for current/retired professionals
Ability to work independently with little supervision while exercising sound judgment
Ability to source and apply research and data, utilizing HR Best Practices
Excellent writing and communication skills
Analytic skills are highly desired
No phone calls please
Job Status: Full Time