Director of Finance
The Director of Finance is responsible for the financial management of Meals on Wheels Central Texas and Meals on Wheels Central Texas In-Home Care. Operational responsibilities include transactional functions of the accounting team, budget management, cost-benefit analysis, fiscal reporting, forecasting, audit compliance, and financial and programmatic reporting for government contracts and private grants. The Director of Finance mentors and develops members of the accounting team, ensuring financial integrity, stewardship, and service throughout the organization. This position is a key business partner to the President & CEO, Board of Directors, and Executive Team. She/he/they work in support of a CPA/financial consultant.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred but not required
- BA in finance or accounting
- Eight years of financial operation experience in nonprofit fiscal management with diverse funding sources and annual operational budget of $10+ million
- Eight years of demonstrated experience utilizing Sage Intacct (preferred) or other large fund accounting software
- Experience with bill.com preferred
- Five years of experience in direct management of two or more accounting staff
- Acts ethically, responsibly, and with the utmost integrity at all times
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of non-profit accounting in accordance with US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of governmental and contractual vendor reporting and audit requirements
- Ability to interpret and apply regulations and procedures
- Ability to collect, organize, analyze and process information accurately, quickly and efficiently and to promptly respond to internal and external information requests
- Exceptional judgment, analytical, and financial management skills
- Ability to effectively and strategically communicate complex financial information to a variety of stakeholders, including Boards of Directors
- Foster positive and collaborative working relationships with the accounting team, internal departments and programs, and external entities in support of organizational culture
- Demonstrated experience managing accounting team, including ongoing performance management, providing immediate and effective coaching and feedback, setting goals and measurement metrics, and developing staff into future leaders
- Demonstrated cultural competence (awareness, attitude, knowledge, willingness, and skills to work effectively with diverse employee, vendor, client, volunteer and donor populations)
- Advanced knowledge and use of Microsoft Office applications, specifically Excel
- Work Environment – this position operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- Physical Demands – this is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to move files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary
- Hybrid remote/in office work environment
Full-time + benefits. MOWCTX offers excellent benefits and generous leave, as well as mission focused work and a family-oriented culture.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, veteran status, sex or age or any other legally protected status.
Apply at: http://jobs.mealsonwheelscentraltexas.org
Job Status: Full Time