Congregate Senior Center Site Coordinator - Town Square Urgently Hiring!
The Senior Site Coordinator position is a great way to start with Meals on Wheels. The ideal candidate is punctual, outgoing, and organized with great people skills and administrative abilities. The Site Coordinator will greet seniors and prepare the center for the lunchtime meal service, ensuring that health and safety standards are met and that a pleasurable environment is maintained. Other duties include administrative tasks, assisting participants with forms, and completing other required paperwork accurately with timely submissions.
Set schedule: Monday - Friday 10m to 1pm. (no weekends) Occasional meetings occur in-office at Meals on Wheels Central Texas, 3227 East 5th Street.
Location: Town Square NW Austin 13450 Research Blvd. Austin, TX 78750
Pay rate: $15.00/hour.
Benefits: Birthday Time Off, Generous PTO
- Planning and facilitating daily, weekly, and monthly events to encourage socialization, relaxation, and recreation.
- Greet seniors and prepare center for the lunchtime meal service.
- Complete administrative tasks
- Assisting participants with forms
- Completing other required paperwork accurately with timely submissions
- Complete a required Intake Form on every new eligible congregate participant and report this confidential data to the program office; assure form is accurate and complete.
- Demonstrate professionalism and work effectively and cordially with others at all times.
- May require proper use and knowledge of body mechanics and safety mechanic.
- High school graduate or GED
- One year of office experience
- Problem solving (preferred)
- Conflict resolution skills
- Dependable transportation
- Regular and dependable attendance
- Experience with volunteers and elderly clients (preferred)
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Ability to work independently while exercising good judgement
- Friendly, enthusiastic and committed to the goals of MOWCTX
- Work is performed both indoors in a climate-controlled office and some occasional visits to the main office downtown.
- Able to travel locally 100% of the time.
- Able to walk and stand for long periods of time
- Constantly communicates with staff, clients, and other people. Must be able to exchange accurate information.
To learn more about Meals on Wheels Central Texas please visit us at: Career Site | Meals On Wheels | Central Texas (mealsonwheelscentraltexas.org)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, veteran status, sex or age or any other legally protected status.
No phone calls please
Pay: from $15/hour
Job Status: Part Time