We are searching for a mover, and a shaker who is amazingly talented, able to leap small buildings in a single bound, “won’t let anything stand in my way” kind of professional Caregiver to join our amazing team of over 250 employees serving Austin and surrounding areas.
Caregivers are the heart of what we do, this is your opportunity to get involved and make a difference with a company that prioritizes YOU!
Let’s get right to it! We know you have A LOT of options for employment…. BUT, all options are not CREATED EQUAL….Some of the BEST Caregivers in Austin work for us and here is why:
- We support your career development, you will have the opportunity to grow professionally and advance to higher levels, and higher pay positions!
- We lead the market in Caregiver compensation and benefits.
- Caregivers stay with us wwaaaayyyy longer than industry average (seriously, wayyyyy longer…and we're are just getting started)
- We value our Caregiving professionals and we show it through employee recognition and performance incentive programs ($$$).
Don’t believe us? Check out what some of our current Caregivers are saying (from our 2022 caregiver survey) we ask and listen to what you have to say:
“Meals on Wheels is awesome! A work place that cares for loved ones and cares for me.”
“The support has been great! I get the help I need when I make mistakes in hours, forgetting to clock in or out. And, with getting the much needed supplies necessary to do my job for free.”
“Amazing Supervisors, whenever I have a question you always return my calls and help with anything I need.”
“I’ve worked with Meals on Wheels for three years now and have loved and enjoyed learning so much.”
“Y'all have very good communication and consideration of us employees, you care for us too. Good training, good teaching skills, y'all take good safety precautions, and are my best employer I've ever had, I really appreciate y'all so much. Thanks a lot for helping me and for always being there for me.”
P.S. We are really only hiring for a few caregiver positions immediately. Once these positions are filled we may not have an opening for a while as our employees tend to stay.
Apply today to become part of the fastest growing team in Austin using this link: https://11154.axiscare.com
- click on “Apply Online” (right under where it says Meals on Wheels Central Texas)
- Fill in the application. *** There will be multiple screens if you are completing on your phone, swipe left at the top of the page to access the next page.
Thanks for reading this far! Here are the job duties and requirements.
- Grocery shopping, prescription pickup, meal prep and cooking.
- Light housekeeping
- May assist with personal care
- Report any changes in clients’ condition
- Reminding clients to take medication
Skills / Requirements
- Must be 18 years of age or older or enrolled in a vocational program.
- Able to perform chores around the home and community.
- Ability to pass background and reference checks.
- Caring and kind disposition.