The AP/Payroll Specialist is responsible for the timely processing of all payables, timekeeping, and payroll functions. Reports to the Controller.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED required; college degree preferred
- Minimum 2 years AP and payroll experience, preferably in a nonprofit setting
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Basic knowledge of accounting and payroll principals
- Computer savvy with excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Knowledgeable in multiple software programs related to personnel and accounting
- Motivated self-starter
- A knack for problem-solving
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to take direction and meet all deadlines
- Basic knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES, AND TASKS
- Respond to external and internal stakeholders regarding all aspects of the accounts payable process, including processing invoices for payment, credit card transactions, assisting with bank reconciliations, and documenting loans.
- Research information to provide accurate and timely solutions to internal clients and vendors at multiple locations.
- Verify the accuracy of vendor invoices and confirm correct GL codes.
- Manage 3rd party vendor AP processing on a routine schedule and match check with backup for review by the financial manager.
- According to company standards, inspect paid and unpaid invoices, including cleared payment inquiries and check voiding to maintain accurate files and records.
- Review automatic payments to ensure correct coding and authorization.
- Develop and maintain a filing system for financial information, records and documents to ensure accessibility of information.
- May monitor account balances, track expenses, prepare analyses of accounts and related financial activity for monthly financial reports.
- Process semi-monthly payroll for all employees. Ensure payroll and other wage documents are completed following local, state, and federal regulations.
- Reconcile payroll deductions and withholdings for all local, state, and/or federal corporate taxes regarding payroll.
- Implement a system to track invoices from receipt through department approvals to payment via a 3rd party processing vendor.
- Provide excellent internal and external customer service for vendors, employees, managers, etc.
- Follow and calculate all outside wage garnishment requests and judgments as required.
- All other duties as assigned.
Job Status: Full Time